Monday, October 12, 2009

Alex Rodriguez attributes his post season success to Alex Rodriguez

Alex Rodriguez would be the first to admit that he's probably the best looking guy he knows. And most Yankee fans agree that he's too good looking for his own good, but have always had a contentious view of the 3rd baseman because of his inability to perform when it counts: the playoffs. This year, however, Rodriguez seems to have shaken off that stigma by leading his team to a three game sweep of the Minnesota Twins, and if you ask Rodriguez, he'll tell you what's different. "I totally love myself. It's all about me, and once I realized that, I was able to relax and hit the ball. I told myself, 'look, you're probably the best looking guy on the planet, even the ball is probably jealous of you'."
Rodriguez also shed his pre-game routine of hitting batting practice and fielding ground balls for two hours of "Alex Time", during which he stares longingly into a floor to ceiling mirror (pictured). Rodriguez explains his odd new approach with extreme candidness, saying that "If you are in the presence of the most gorgeous thing on earth, do you walk away from it and go catch ground balls, or do you stare at it? I choose to stare at it."

No comments: