Monday, October 12, 2009

Jets quarterback adjusting to speed of NFL game, being best looking guy on team by far


For Mark Sanchez, the heralded rookie quarterback of the Jets, the two biggest obstacles of the early season have been adjusting to the speed of the NFL game, and being way better looking than any of his teammates. "I can't believe how fast the defenses are," offered Sanchez before a recent practice. "Or how good looking I am".
By his own account, however, it shouldn't be hard for Sanchez to overcome being so good looking. "It's been this way since high school. I've always been the best looking guy on the team. I wondered when I got drafted, will I still be the best looking? Will I be able to adjust to the defenses? Well, the defenses are taking some getting used to, but in the looks department it's not even close."
Sanchez and the Jets travel to Miami this weekend, where the Jets hope to win against a division rival. Sanchez plans to build on his experience thus far, and plans to pose a lot on the sidelines. "It's part of the game--my game, anyway."

No comments: